My impromptu 2 1/2 month trip to Milan, Italy....and everywhere in between....with my boyfriend Shane :)

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Just Waiting...

So as I mentioned in my last post, my plans to successfully complete board exams and find a decent job by, oh, January were destroyed....happily destroyed I might add. The story goes that Shane and his roommate/classmate Ryan were miraculously 2 of the...well, 2...to be accepted to participate in a type of exchange program between their MBA program here and the MIP college in Milan, Italy for the winter quarter. 2 1/2 months.

Guess who gets the girlfriend priviledge of tagging along??!! That's right, ME!!! You can't even imagine how excited I am even now just thinking about reliving my experiences in Europe 3-something years ago! Of course, it will definitely be different; Shane is not Lydia, we'll be there in the winter instead of the summer, and I will still be lugging along my schoolbooks in the attempts to study during my time there, due to the fact that I desperately need to take boards and get a job as soon as I get back in March. Did I mention that I ran out of money about a month ago? Shane, being the sweetie that he is, has agreed to not let me go hungry or homeless until I can find a job. Of course, back when he agreed to that we weren't planning on a 2.5-month jaunt to Europe. Haha. Poor Shane.

Don't worry I'm not mean. I'll be paying every cent back.

Before we leave for Italy at the end of December, we're making a pit stop in Washington to spend Christmas with Shane's family. While there I'll also get to see Lydia and her boyfriend Dennis, and we all plan to go snowboarding sometime. Please pray for my bum.

Currently storage day is set for tomorrow, and my apartment has been packed up for about a week now. I've eaten microwave popcorn for supper three nights in a row. Guess that's what I get for jumping the gun and packing all my dishes.

So for now as I sit and write this blog, I'm just waiting...impatiently. :)

1 comment:

  1. Popcorn is my favorite food besides chocolate! I suppose it could get tiresome however. I like to go to the movie theater and just buy popcorn for a snack (an extremely expensive one!) While we were moving, we spent close to a week eating out and spent 10 times too much money. With 2 toddlers, moving is not the most organized, so we are still finding some dishes "Oh, that is where that went!"-Geneva (who is having trouble figuring out how to leave this comment)

    ReplyDelete